Ten things that are bringing me joy.
1. All the water play that is happening everyday. In the pool, in the tub, in the sprinkler, in a boat. All of it. The glinty light off the water. Just sooths the soul.
2. Working on and finishing a 1,00 pc. puzzle as a family. The ever circulating group at the table throughout the day. My honey and I sitting quietly in the evenings putting in a few pieces before retiring for the night. Only one piece was missing at the end. I say with an active four year old and a two year old who likes to collect things...that's pretty good!
3. Watching the faces of my two youngest when I showed them that snapdragon flowers really snap.
4. News of three different babies within a fourty eight hour time period. Two healthy baby boys born to my cousin and lovely friend. Another dear friend finding out that they will have a baby girl to add to the circle of their family. Joyous news.
5. Puttering in the garden most mornings when it's still cool. Tending and watering. Discovering beauty in the pieces to be composted. Tomato tops as stars. Mother nature charming me again.
6. Picnics and dinners outside on the porch ala the big daddy with fresh watermelon to finish.
7. Reading Havesting Color and loving evey moment of it. Making plans for my garden next summer and thinking of the possibilities.
8. My latte. Just to start the day off right.
9. Knitting loads of things even in the heat of the summer. Even in the rain. Outside. Inside. In the car. And, by the pool. Especially after mentioning #4. It makes a knitters hands twitch with sheer joy.
10. Being in the moment and not attempting the "big projects" with children home. Instead, being open to the possibility of plans changing on a whim because that is what summer does best.
What about you?
What brings you joy these days?
<linking up with amanda for ten things>