Yes, it's that time of year again. My birthday is today.
This year I thought it would be interesting to name 38 things I want to do before I turn 39.
So here it goes...
1. Eat a homemade chocolate cake ala the big daddy with LOTS of candles for my birthday.
2. Take a series of six salsa dancing classes.
3. String twinkle lights somewhere unlikely.
4. Finish reading all of Jane Austen's books.
5. Learn more about natural dyes and the plants to make them.
6. Make hula hoops with my children and their cousins over the holidays.
7. Knit four pairs of socks.
8. Document a week with photographs.
9. Instigate a yarn-storming extravaganza.
10. Watch Anne of Green Gables with my oldest girl.
11. Visit Prince Edward Island.
12. Get certified to scuba dive.
13. Expand my garden next summer and use all the space available.
14. Begin my own sourdough starter and then bake some bread.
15. Knit eight items using yarn only from my stash.
16. See a Musical in New York.
17. Make a fairy costume.
18. Listen to a local folk band.
19. Sew some new skirts for myself.
20. Write about my children once a month so I remember the moments.
21. Invite the neighbors over for soup night.
22. Decorate gingerbread houses.
23. Sleep through the night.
24. Camp at Yosemite.
25. Have a family game night.
26. Spend time swimming in the ocean.
27. Finish the BIG writing projects.
28. Explore natural lighting photography.
29. Write twenty hand-written letters. Especially for friends who love receiving them.
30. Decorate bikes and have our own parade.
31. Create a photo book for my children.
32. Help organize a knit-a-thon.
33. Leave secret messages in chalk for others to find.
34. Take the children and our watercolor paints out into nature.
35. Sample six different foods that I've never tried before.
36. Serve a meal, outside, with no utensils. Spaghetti and meatballs?
37. Wear shorts next summer.
38. Knit myself three sweaters. A knitter should own some knitwear, just sayin'.
***One to grow on*** Double hula hooping!
What are some of your "things" for the next year? I'd love to know...
*list idea from the lovely list maven herself*